As the precursor to all things modern, the iconic Massey House designed by Ernst Plischke and Cedric Firth was opened in 1957 and was an early influencer of international modernism and reflecting the key concepts of that architectural approach: functional design, a lack of adornment, and the use of technologically advanced construction materials and techniques. This was a first and would pave the way for what would follow in modern office design and buildings in Wellington City and the world over. Read more about the building's rich architectural heritage in our digital brochure.
In 2020 The Wellington Company in collaboration with award winning architect
Stuart Gardyne from Architecture+ are set to breathe new life into the historical and culturally significant Massey House in what will re-imagine and recreate the new 126LQ.
- 9 Levels, incorporating the 150m2 roof top garden.
- Fully re-strengthened to a minimum of 100% NBS.
- High profile fully accessible Lambton Quay “Golden Mile”/ The Terrace location.
- 7077m2 of prime commercial and premium ground floor retail space.
- Large, efficient 690 – 800m2 floor plates.
- Fully refurbished high-quality base build.
- All new sustainable building services and systems.
- NABERS rated building*.
- Easily accessible locational tenant amenity.
- Located within the heart of Wellington's Government Hub and at the centre of commerce, retail and hospitality.
- Close proximity to public transport.
- Extensive end of trip facilities.